Friday, February 8, 2008

PB Wiki

For the past hour, my coworker, Trina, and I have been creating a UK Medical Center ILL Wiki, located here:

http://ukmedilliad.pbwiki.com/Everything-You-Never-Knew-You-Wanted-to-Know-About-ILLIAD

We did not find PBWiki to be very user-friendly. It was hard to figure out exactly what to do, and we realize only now that we edited a secondary page instead of our 'front page', and I'm still not exactly sure what that meant. We tried to make our page look eye-catching and fun, but working with the fonts was murder, and eventually we just had to make the page pretty bare-boned.

I think wikis are a fun idea, but it seems easier to me to just look on the website for the product/service you're looking for instead of going first through a Wiki. I do hope, however, that our wiki will be viewed and, perhaps, helpful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Illiadgirl,

My name is Michael and I'm writing to you from Wetpaint--we provide free social publishing services (wikis) and after reading your feedback on your most recent wiki experience, I wanted to invite you to give Wetpaint wikis a try. http://www.wetpaint.com

If you get a chance to check us out, please let me know what you think and how I can help you make the wiki you want to make.

Sincerely,

Michael Bolognino
Community Marketing Manager
Wetpaint